Call for Papers (2023)
Pan-DL welcomes submissions in the form of paper drafts (short or long).
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to ...
- Combining symbolic, rule-based and/or machine learning methods, including case studies
- Rule-based approaches to NLP tasks, including case studies of using pattern-based approaches in the wild and/or on low-resource languages
- Design of pattern languages/systems
- Understanding limitations/strengths of rules vs statistical/deep learning methods
- Rule generation or synthesis
- Knowledge distillation from statistical models into actionable rules
- Human in the loop approaches and/or interfacing with subject-matter experts
- Rule-based data augmentation and evaluation techniques
- Integration of explicit formal knowledge with neural networks
- Data programming methods for bootstrapping the annotation process
- System demonstrations
|Papers Due||9/05/2023 |
|Notification of Acceptance||10/06/2023|
Submit papers by the end of the deadline day (anywhere on Earth; UTC+12) via our Softconf submission site: https://softconf.com/emnlp2023/PAN-DL2023/
Submissions should follow the EMNLP 2023 style guidelines. Templates are provided in LaTeX and Microsoft Word formats. Submissions will only be accepted in PDF format. Deviations from the provided templates will result in rejection without review.
Stay tuned for more information!
We invite both short and long paper submissions. Short papers may include up to 4 pages of content, plus unlimited references. Long papers may include up to 9 pages of content, plus unlimited references. Abstracts should be no more than 200 words. PAN-DL also welcomes non-archival submissions.
An abstract may be submitted for early work or projects not yet ready for publication. Please note that such submissions will not be considered for inclusion in workshop proceedings.
The second Pan-DL workshop will be co-located with EMNLP 2023 in Singapore. Stay tuned for more information.